OUR CORE VALUES
- To be as ACCESSIBLE as possible to ensure inclusion for all
- To train a highly skilled and qualified teacher, not churn out a mass of low level under skilled teachers that provide a more grounded and SUSTAINABLE practice
- To respect the DIVERSITY of experience, and background of those who enter into our programs and offer advance placement
- To honor the thread of traditional lineage, and maintain respect for cultural integrity of practice
- To encourage critical thinking and evidence based science into practice
- To build a community of support for organizations that serve the world in an Accessible, Diverse and Sustainable way
- To bring the practice of yoga back to a STUDENT focus, not TEACHER focus
OUR MISSION IS:
Here is what the Amara Vidya School certifications provide:
- Learn at your own pace at the 200 hr Yoga Training and the 1000 hour (500hr Yoga Alliance) Teacher Training levels.
- Both personal growth and certification streams available
- Intensive Anatomy and Physiology and Special Condition application
- Module formats for all levels of learning and interests
- Accessibility to special populations and diverse communities
- Unique Posture Analysis and Lesson Plan implementation
- Traditional Yoga Tree studies, including Philosophy and History components
- Foundation and Transition (Advanced) series with ability to adapt using proper assists, with Integration component instruction
- Community support and Online/Distance components
- Previous YTT learning accepted through Prior Learning Assessment Review. Designed for current Yoga Teachers, Registered Massage Therapists and other Clinicians
How it all began…
What is the Amara Vidya Yoga School?
We are more than a school: we offer a hub for graduates to collectively share information, a community of people interested in upgrading existing skills, and enriching learning opportunities with a diverse and accessible mindset.
The Amara Vidya Yoga School is more than just a certificate machine. Here, we honor a commitment to progressive and inclusive learning. We offer professional training and personal growth workshops at all levels.
We stand with our graduates to offer a community of support and teaching opportunities. Our vision is to give a more comprehensive and enriching program than what is currently available in standard programs.
- We stand for accessibility.
- We stand for a stable foundational practice, with emphasis on building strength and flexible movements.
- We stand for a wellness model of functional yoga, that can be personalized and responsive to individual goals. We believe our model can be adapted to suit any model that best serves the student.
- We believe in practicing yoga as a philosophy that marries one’s beliefs and journey to evidence based peer-reviewed Science.
- We believe in socially engaged practices that respects diversity.
- We believe in harmony, grace and practical application.
- We believe in critical thinking and ontological inquiry.